2004 Scion xA Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Scion xA
- What can be done to fix the "headlight-on" warning?
- Problem in Acceleration of Car?
- 170,000 miles. Engine starting to make a noise. Am told it is the Variable valve
- I can only fill my gas tank up a a very slow pace. error codes p0446 0441
- want to view all plastic pieces of wheel well from somewhere on web
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Scion xA Problems
When backing up and applying the brakes, you may hear a squeaking noise. Scion engineers addressed this problem by modifying the shape of the brake pad and the anti-squeal shims; they also applied more grease during assembly.
The AC evaporator drain hose may become dislodged and cause a water leak on the passenger floor.
Air conditioning that doesn't blow cold enough could indicate the need for adjusting the cable for the temperature blend door.
2004 Scion xA Questions
I am using it since last 3 years and it was running perfect for first two years but now from last year since i change Petrol Filter(Fuel Filter) now it is disturbing a lot. Whenever switching on the ignition after that acceleration is not getting pick and it might do stoppage during drive. I have...
Timing Actuoator. What is this all about?
It takes me so long to fill my gas tank it keeps stopping like there is something in the tube, plus there is alot of pressure released when taking the gas cap off.
2004 Scion xA Recalls
Certain Scion vehicles sold from Gulf States Toyota and Southeast Toyota with Rostra cruise control may have a problem where the cruise control does not release the throttle the first time the on/off switch is pressed. If the throttle is not released when needed, a crash could occur. The vehicle manufacturers will notify owners and replace the cruise control free of charge. Rostra will notify purchasers of the aftermarket cruise controls and replace the units free of charge. The recall began February 13, 2007.
2004 Scion xA Reviews
I bought this new in march of 2004. It has 171000 miles now and still runs great. No mechanical problems whatsoever. I have hit a couple of deer and had to get some body work. This is my first import car and it has and still is serving me well.
ive had my 2006 since new. i dont drive it often, but it has 32000 miles on it as of 2013. NO problems. I do all the maintenance myself, switched to synth after the first few changes (that were with regular oil to help it break in). Its needed absolutely NOTHING. With some research at scionlife, i was able to upgrade the stereo to another OEM unit that plays music off a thumbdrive. im defin...
Have 37000 miles. When I shift into reverse and start backing up, I sometimes hear a grinding noise. Another problem I have is when I'm driving straight I suddenly feel the car taking a quick veer to the right which I quickly straighten out. Any ideas on this? I'm afraid I have a huge repair bill coming.