2007 Scion tC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Scion tC
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2007 Scion tC Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could be caused by a defective VVT-i controller, which changes cam timing for optimal power. Updated parts are available and the repair may be covered under the powertrain warranty.
Check Engine Light Illuminated
Problem: Diagnostic Showed Error Code 420: "Catalytic Converter Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
Solution: Free Replacement by Dealer Under California 7yr/70k or Federal 8yr/80k Warranty Covering Emissions Parts
Some vehicles may develop a condition where they cannot be shifted from "Park" to "Drive" and/or multiple warning lights illuminate when exposed to extreme cold conditions (-14 degrees F) or lower. Our technicians tell us the ignition (IG) relay should be replaced with an updated part to correct this concern.
2007 Scion tC Questions
Whle driving home the Maint. Required light came on and stayed on. What could cause that to happen?
i replaced the speed sensor on the top of the transmission and after replacing it. i try starting the car and it wont stay on for longer that 2 sec and its not shooting any codes.
THE DRIVER SIDE WON'T UNLOCK OR LOCK WHEN I USE MY KEY OR WHEN I LOCK/UNLOCK FROM THE INSIDE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THAT AND HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO FIX IT.
2007 Scion tC Recalls
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.