2008 Saturn Vue Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Saturn Vue
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- Transmission Fault and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723
- Windshield fluid dispensers for front window
- several problems
- The Check Engine Light With Code: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, and/or P0391
- Engine light P0451 code reset light is now out engine warm is it safe to drive
- how much does it cost to fix a tps in a 2008 saturn vue
- i filled my gas tank and since then it is pulling codes C0561, P0300, P1174 and P0301. I went to Autozones, they pulled the codes for me and I put fuel injection cleaner in it and also Heet to remove water that might be in the gas. Any suggestions ..
- The ABS & traction error lights on, Car steering was shaking violently.
- How much usually it's the cost to change crank shaft seal?
2008 Saturn Vue Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate. At this time, RepairPal cannot confirm a recall for this gas cap issue.
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
These are real cheap and shame on them for even thinking saving a few pennys was worth the hassle. Cheap nozzles made of nylon are pressed in and cause bad spray or come out completely. GET REPLACED IF UNDER WARRENTY!! I have 3 times and need to again. This will be an ongoing problem.
2008 Saturn Vue Questions
the light went out when cleared but engine is warm if it comes on again will it be safe to drive Christmas is here can't get it fixed now Thank You
car was running rough at idle and when driving it , it didn't hesitate.
The car ran very sluggish and could not get any traction from front driver side wheel which started smoking. this happened every 50 or 60 miles then stopped and started this again.
2008 Saturn Vue Recalls
The painted outside door handles may stick or bind, meaning the door may not latch when closed. If this were to occur, an unlatched door could open unexpectedly and an occupant not wearing a seat belt could fall out of the vehicle. Dealers will replace the painted door handles with chrome door handles free of charge. The recall began August 19, 2009. The GM recall number is 09066.
The power steering line connected to the power steering pump may have a nut that has loosened, possibly causing a power steering fluid leak. If the fluid contacts the hot exhaust components, a fire could start. Dealers will inspect the nut and tighten it. If a fluid leak is found, the fluid level will also be checked. The recall began September 26, 2008. The GM recall number is 08284.
Twenty-six vehicles are being recalled because the transmission case could break at the side bore that holds the park pawl pivot pin, eliminating the ability of the transmission to secure the vehicle when the transmission is in "Park." If this occurs, the vehicle may roll without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the affected transmissions. The recall should begin by May 5, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08168.
2008 Saturn Vue Reviews
We are experiencing Throttle Body Sensor problems. they want to clean and reset our throttle body sensor and charge us, we have 40,000 on this 08 Vue v6. and the extended warranty she said will not cover it... can anyone give us some help here. thanks
just purchased used 08,so far so good