1996 Saturn SW2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Saturn SW2
- Cheapest price and place for a windshield replaced
- Plugs/wires/engine and transmission mounts/ battery + TB cleaned. Now runs so smoothly that passengers ask if engine is still on. Used to run that way even from cold start. Now, before warm, engine runs rough & idles fast. PCM idle relearn needed?
- Replacement parts needed for the Passenger wiper assy
- My saturn wagon won't start after running for awhile or. When it gets hot
- Why aren't there any Top Shops here?
1996 Saturn SW2 Problemspower steering hoses commonly leak fluid. Any leaking hoses should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1996 Saturn SW2 Questions
According to the repair shop the wiper motor is fine as the driver side wiper works fine. But the passenger side is shot. I tried to tighten the nut but that wasn't the problem so I took it to the shop. Apparently the assy from the motor to the passenger side is shot and would cost over $300 ...
In the morning it will start a nearby store then it wont stat untill awhile later
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. As far as I can tell, you've not "certified" any RepairPal "Top Shops", here.
That is a bit troubling to me as I drive a Saturn and I need to find a trustworthy/skillful/well priced dealership soon (almost 100,000 miles)and there are no mor...
1996 Saturn SW2 Reviews
Bought it with 140,000 miles and really bonded with my Saturn on a 3000 mile trip last summer. It's been a reliable car. It gets great mileage and the only thing mechanically I have had to do was replace the brake disc rotors. I was able to do the work myself and it cost me less than 100 bucks. The only other negative issue I have had is the rear window wiper quit working and the front window w...