1997 Saturn SW1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Saturn SW1
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Saturn SW1 Problems
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1997 Saturn SW1 Questions
The dashboard "ABS" light comes on sometimes, but not most of the time. It seems to be about once in 10 driving sessions. It also seems like in damp, cold, wet weather it is more frequent. Does this look like a costly repair?
When starting the car from the parked position, moving slowly, and steering to the left or to the right, there is a loud "groaning" noise, seeming to come from the steering shaft area under the hood. Does this appear to be serious, or do I just need a new belt or to flush the fluid?
Pulled the lock door relay switch will this stop the drain from my battery?