1997 Saturn SW1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Saturn SW1
- we changed the started & now not charging alt tested good
- Why does the alarm stay on when I shut off car, remove key and open door?
- ABS light comes on only sometimes
- Power steering gives a loud groaning noise when I make a turn.
- Door locks are shuddering,drained my new battery, what could be the problem?
1997 Saturn SW1 Problems
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1997 Saturn SW1 Questions
replaced started now have charging problem had alternator tested it was good battery lite on not charged (it was a refurmished starter
Alarm comes on when opening door even after being locked up over night... engine light is NOT on. Dome light works properly. I suspect the ignition sw or is there a relay that may be stuck in the alarm position that is activated by the door light sw? I do not have an electrical diagram.
The dashboard "ABS" light comes on sometimes, but not most of the time. It seems to be about once in 10 driving sessions. It also seems like in damp, cold, wet weather it is more frequent. Does this look like a costly repair?