2000 Saturn SL2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Saturn SL2
- why won't auto gear shift wont engage after starting on cold days?
- Can steering wheel shaking be from a serpentine belt replacement?
- Vibration when accelerating in first gear ???
- how long of a drive cycle for my Saturn to get it ready for a emission test?
- Problem starting, especially after setting overnight. Sometimes emits smoke
2000 Saturn SL2 Problems
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.power steering hoses commonly leak fluid. Any leaking hoses should be replaced.
2000 Saturn SL2 Questions
After having the serpentine belt replaced I drove on the freeway and had 2 episodes of extreme steering wheel shaking. Can they be related.
In the past 30 days--Installed new plugs and wires; new valve cover gasket (leaking); cleaned fuel line; replaced fuel filter; replaced fuel injectors and still hard to start--grinds. What is it?
I have to floor board the accelerator to get the engine to start when hot. The problem exists every time you shut it off after the engine is warm and it sets awhile.I have changed the plugs, wires, thermostat, and the PCV valve. None of these fixed it. I am a retired career mechanic but not we...