1997 Saturn SL2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Saturn SL2
- new battery new altenator new starter it still wont start
- my Saturn has total power but wont start its not firing .
- My Saturn goes thru oil and it doesentleak anywhere nor does it smoke.
- How do I change the battery on a 1997 Saturn SL2. What tools do I need?
- Which brake valve fitting goes to the rear passanger side wheel?
1997 Saturn SL2 Problems
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Saturn SL2 Questions
it has total power but wont fire and start what could it be all fuses are good
if I wait a day or two it starts up
Brake line rotted through and need to replace from engine compartment back to R. Pass wheel.
1997 Saturn SL2 Reviews
we purchased vehicle with 14000 mile it has been great running on highway and good on gas mileage. very dependable
My 15 year old Saturn SL2 has 245,000 miles on it and could continue to provide me with more miles, but it starting to burn some oil and has a cracked windshield. I am going to buy a used SL2 with lower miles because I believe so much in this car. With the plastic body panels it looks as good as new! A great car.
I love my Saturn. It is 14 years old and it is the best little car I ever drove. I wish I could get another new one.