1996 Saturn SL2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Saturn SL2
- TRYED TO START CAR IT TURNED OVER A COUPLE OF TIMES THENTHE STARTER STOPED IT WILL NOT EVEN INGAGE BATTERY IS GOOD TRYED TOJUMP IT STILLNOTHING
- car turned over acouple of times now the starter willnot ingage battery is new
- Have 1996 Saturn sl2 keeps throwing p0302 code misfire number 3 cylinder changed
- Can driving an older car in extreme heat cause problems?
- My car has been having a low idle when I stop at lights.
1996 Saturn SL2 Problems
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.power steering hoses commonly leak fluid. Any leaking hoses should be replaced.
1996 Saturn SL2 Questions
tryed to jump it and still nothing
Car has 245,000 miles but I have always taken good care of car. No check engine light has come on. I took it to a mechanic and he said it was bad spark plugs due to bad gas so he changed them. Car was okay for a little bit and then I had the same problem again. Took car back to mechanic and he s...
1996 Saturn SL2 Reviews
i have a saturn and 9 years good gas milage 29mpg endurable engine except for the a/c compressor clutch.
We purchased this vehicle new in 1996 and have had absolutely no problems with it. The interior and exterior have held up. It gets about 32 mpg and is a blast to drive. We have replaced the battery twice, new tires once, brakes once in 87000 miles, but no major repairs to any component (engine,transmission,etc.) Great vehicle; other manufacturers should model themselves after Saturn.
My second is our 1996 SL2. When I bought it the engine was ill and I knew it. I swapped the engine and all was not perfect. We have had a series of issues that take time to fix. Passing emissions is the biggest headache, with many "code" issues and many hours troubleshooting piddly problems. We have replaced a drivers window motor(easy from the outside). and have many cosmetic and small issues....