2002 Saturn SL1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Saturn SL1
- I was in a accident hit in the passenger rear quarter panel. The car ran fine and got us where we are staying. We are full time RVers. The next day I went to start it and the engine turn but it won't start. Is there any type of kill switch that prevent th
- I was in a accident,I drove off. The next day it wouldn't start. Service engine
- My car has a knock and wants to die when it runs for awhile ,but only in drive
- how do I reset my PCM after replacing the throttle position sensor
- i am in need of a oil pan gasket...... can this cause stalling and a clanging
2002 Saturn SL1 Problems
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
2002 Saturn SL1 Questions
It started knocking and was still running fine,then I hit a puddle of water and it got worse. Will run okay but lacks power and if I drive ten blocks to store and back it barely makes it back ,New plugs and wires and when I check the plugs when I get home there soaked in gas!
Was doing oil change, plug might have got cross threaded, now just spins but won't tighten. Think pan has to come off, but not sure best way to do.
2002 Saturn SL1 Recalls
2002 Saturn SL1 Reviews
I love the gas milage
Been driving this car for 7 years, never had a problem or reair that was not a maint. repair. Bought because knew 3 other people with this car, none of them had ever had a problem either. Great on gas, not a lux or sport car, not built for speed or to be impressive, just to look decent, drive well, get good mileage and remain a trouble free car - mine and those I know have between us 100 - 300 ...
This car has been a money pit. I can see why they quit making them.the engine does'nt have enough power.i've had problems with the emissions. it has a bad idle problem I have been chasing for a while.