2002 Saturn SL1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Saturn SL1
- How to fix oil plug that won't tighten? Think nut welded inside oil pan broken.
- are the daytime running lights important?
- My 2002 Saturn has started making a fluttering squeaky noise when accelerating
- I replaced the ckp sensor now the vehicle is completely dead? It ran fine before
- 1997 Saturn SL1 service engine light on at startup
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Saturn SL1 Problems
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
2002 Saturn SL1 Questions
Was doing oil change, plug might have got cross threaded, now just spins but won't tighten. Think pan has to come off, but not sure best way to do.
when first start up car in morning & its in drive the lights come on; but when shut off then started again there off. Changed both bulbs and the relay. What else could it be?
The noise is only while accelerating & seems to go away when up to speed. It doesn't hesitate or seem to have any power problems...just the noise.
2002 Saturn SL1 Recalls
2002 Saturn SL1 Reviews
I love the gas milage
Been driving this car for 7 years, never had a problem or reair that was not a maint. repair. Bought because knew 3 other people with this car, none of them had ever had a problem either. Great on gas, not a lux or sport car, not built for speed or to be impressive, just to look decent, drive well, get good mileage and remain a trouble free car - mine and those I know have between us 100 - 300 ...
This car has been a money pit. I can see why they quit making them.the engine does'nt have enough power.i've had problems with the emissions. it has a bad idle problem I have been chasing for a while.