1997 Saturn SL1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Saturn SL1
- Transmission leaking alot near front right tire. Still shifts no problem.
- Well My saturn keeps on shutting off and oil light stays on and oil levels fine.
- Car is veeeerrrrrry slow when accelerating
- Recently my car starting bucking when accelerating occasionally. Why?
- My cars having a starter issue,i have to press on rhe gas and turn on the key
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Saturn SL1 Problems
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
1997 Saturn SL1 Questions
When I accelerate the car slowly picks up speed, the rpms shoot up around 3-4 until it catches up and then speeds up. Just had the catalytic converter replaced...the car drives well other than that..
My mechanic took for test drive, didn't happen of course. He said it could be fuel pump or any number of things. What should I do first? Not sure of engine.
1997 Saturn SL1 Reviews
I probably don't drive it well, because I'm young and uneducated about cars, but recently ran into an overheating problem with my radiator and head gasket. Very expensive to repair. Not too long ago, first and second gear had serious repairs as well. Does not do well in Arizona, where it is arid and the elevation changes rapidly between towns. Seemingly by magic, I cannot get past 40 mph w...