1992 Saturn SL1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Saturn SL1
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Saturn SL1 Problems
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
1992 Saturn SL1 Questions
I was driving the car and it started to surge (like I was running out of gas but had a half a tank of gas) for a few minutes then went back to normal for about 20 minutes then it started doing it again then it stall.
We have checked the battery, fuel pump, fuel injector(s), vacuum lines and lo...
Also speedometer/odometer does not work.
I had the oil changed and transmission fluid levels checked. I drove it approximately 10 min. to a gas station. It would not shift into gear going on a slight incline into the station. I had to put it into park to keep it from rolling backwards. Fluids kind of a reddish brown but not as thick as ...
1992 Saturn SL1 Recalls
1992 Saturn SL1 Reviews
My car is great, but it has its bugs. When I press on the gas the rpm goes down before it revs up. It makes it hard to go up a hill because its a standard. Also the coolant fan switch on/off sensor is out, where is it? Other than that the tranny, clutch, mpg, engine all satisfactory.