2001 Saturn SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Saturn SL
- I have a noise in my front end. I hear it mostly when I hit bumps in the road
- Cold air is only coming out of the floor vents and defrost vent on all settings.
- 01 saturn sedan wipers wont go down all the way when off
- HAVE TO REPLACE PIPE FITTING THAT CONNECTS THE TRANS AND THE SCREW ON FILTER
- AFTER REPLACING VENT SOLENOID WILLTRUBLE CODE CLEAR OR DO IK CLEAR MY SELF DOM
2001 Saturn SL Problems
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
2001 Saturn SL Questions
The noise is constant all the time
The last time I drove the car, I switched from dash air vents to defrost, now no air will blow from dash vents, but cold air will come out of the floor vents on all settings.
Went to replace trans filter and it came off in just 1 turn. Previous owner jury rigged gasket so filter would just go on, end of threads stripped. Need to replace threaded pipe fitting that threads in the side of the transmission that the filter screws on to. Cannot find part number or scrap de...