1999 Saturn SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Saturn SL
- What causes the car to crank, shutter, then knock off?
- What's wrong with my car
- 1999 saturn 1.9 twin cam 16 valve air pump what does it do and when does it kick
- I had a problem with the car shutting off while going down the highway. highway
- battery light came on, steering became stiff,engine overheat light came on
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1999 Saturn SL Problems
The alternator may fail causing the charge light to illuminate. Driving with this condition will eventually cause the engine to stall due to low system voltage.
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
1999 Saturn SL Questions
My car was squealing and when I parked it the steering wheal was hard to turn. Cranked it later that day and opened the hood and none of the belts or pullies was turning..I cut it off tryed to crank it again but wouldn't crank.. the belt is loose enough you could slip it off the pulley
on and why does it kick on
this happened twice now i had the car from 2008 and i can not take long trips because i am afraid of getting stuck some place without a car . the maintenance guy said it was the fuel injector. and i was wondering why would it shut off going down the highway isn't that kind of dangerous.was th...