2002 Saturn SC2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Saturn SC2
- Making ticking and slight knocking noise, noise moves from one area to the next.
- Car starts but dies right away. New Key, tried a different ignition switch.
- well i know the transmission is going out and now it is idleing high
- What wiper motor replacement part do I need?
- just bought 2002 sc2 engine whines as it goes thru the gears [AUTO TRANS]
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Saturn SC2 Problems
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
2002 Saturn SC2 Questions
I have replaced the timing chain, guides sprockets, and tensioner. Also changed out and replaced hydraulic lifters. Put engine back together and the same problem exists. Thinking maybe it could be oil pressure? Not getting to the lifters or valves? And then exhaust is also seeping out more then u...
My wiper motor on a 2002 Saturn SC2 went out and the suggested replacement motor doesn't seem to fit. Did Saturn make some cars in 2002 that still used the wiper motor made for earlier models?
whine stays with engine rpms even in park .poss transinputshaft or timeing chain ?
2002 Saturn SC2 Recalls
2002 Saturn SC2 Reviews
2002 Saturn SC2 I brough this car from someone for 2,600 and It the worst car saturn could of make because I replace the engine 4 times and it not like i dont take care of it. I makesure every 4 months i get oil change at love days. And Yestarday i when start it and i wont even turn over. I am about to blow up stupid car
Best car I EVER had! It has 170,000 and is still going. VERY reliable!
The biggest annoyance I have experienced with my 2002 SL2 is the automatic door locks and handles. The whole system was cheaply made and I have had to replace the front two doors actuators once because I could not open the doors. Now the replacements have gone bad so I am having to replace them a second time. Extremely annoying having to open my driver's side passenger and unlock the driver's d...