1999 Saturn SC2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Saturn SC2
- What is the plastic piece under the front of my car for?
- Car wont start cranks but no start. Manuel 5 speed can pop clutch wil start car
- #2 and 3 cylinders are not firing. The compression is good in the engine.
- What might be wrong w/ my car if you hear a screeching sounds when you turn key
- Can someone please tell me about how much it cost to fix an electrical outage?
1999 Saturn SC2 Problems
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
1999 Saturn SC2 Questions
It's broken off a couple of times; usually when I get to close to the curb.
The car doesn't turn over but just makes an awful noise. Lights come on but won't start.
1999 Saturn SC2 Reviews
My wife bought the car new. Now has 71K miles. No need to change the oil, just the filter. It needs one quart of oil every 1000 miles. Loud engine, shakes very bad. Horn will sound for no reason then burn out (on my third horn). Automatic shifting is terribble, 3 sec hesitation when engine is cold. No heat in the winter. Need to fill tires up with air every three weeks, factor rims suck...