1997 Saturn SC2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Saturn SC2
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Saturn SC2 Problems
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
1997 Saturn SC2 Questions
Starts fine when warm
it isn't working
Significant pressure under cam cover. Cracked head? Head gasket? Any common problems anyone is aware of?
1997 Saturn SC2 Recalls
1997 Saturn SC2 Reviews
I've bought my SC2 new almost 14 years ago and it's still going stone and new-looking at over 100,000 miles. Very few repairs--alternator & valve gasket cover (2x). The suspension is super tight & brakes are very responsive. Hard starts, though, require setting the key to Run before turning the ignition.
I have a 97 Saturn SC2.. I bought it 6 years ago with 123K on it. I have had to do regular maintence to it.. Replace the starter ..water pump 2x..and the radiator.it uses oil, so I have to check it regularly..maybe a quart every 400 to 500 miles. So I am careful and make sure its changed. Overall this car has been awesome! its cheap to fix. it now has 220K on it and is still running strong. Th...
Oops forgot to mention in the last post. I had to replace all of the motor mounts on the '97 Saturn SC2 too. KL