2002 Saturn SC1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Saturn SC1
- has anyone had a problem with the automatic door locks?
- Can transmission problems be caused by being rear-ended? I have no reverse, now
- Anyone giving free estimates?
- battery is dying quick. Replaced battery Nov. '12. Alternator reads like new.
- I have a ticking noise from under my car when i shut it off.
2002 Saturn SC1 Problems
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
2002 Saturn SC1 Questions
Occasionally will go into reverse when cold.
First purchased, the battery life lasted about 2 - 3 years. Once she turned 10, the battery's life has shorten drastically. I have had to replace the battery twice in 2012. And now the current battery (only 2 months old) is dead and will not take a charge. The alternator reads "like new&...