1996 Saturn SC1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Saturn SC1
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Saturn SC1 Problems
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
The timing chain may come into contact with the timing cover, causing noise in the engine. Replacement of worn timing chain components will be necessary to correct this concern.
1996 Saturn SC1 Questions
The brake pads, rotors and calipers are pretty new and don't need to be changed but I have to push the brake down almost all the way to stop the car. I think theres a problem in the brake line but I'm not sure. Can someone help?
where do you find model #
gears lost 2nd and 4th what do you do can I still drive the car