1996 Saab 900 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Saab 900
- rough idle and rougher at cold start
- Can a left rear (passenger) Strut that has punched thru the wheel well be fixed
- p0302 code, cylinder 2 misfiring,run rough, cleaned IAC, AND TB,worked ok 2 mile
- i have a bad vibration between 55 and 65 mph under med engine load .
- Was it possible that plugging in a I-Phone damaged the altenaton?
1996 Saab 900 Problems
Oil commonly leaks from the distributor o-ring requiring replacement of the o-ring. Oil will be visible on the front of the engine near the distributor.
The head gasket can fail causing the coolant and oil to mix in the engine, and external leaks. Symptoms can include overheating, white smoke from the tailpipe at start-up or acceleration, and the visible presence of oil in the coolant expansion tank.
1996 Saab 900 Questions
it worked perfect for 2 miles the i stoped at the store, then it was back to rough after i stopped the car, i feel like i was suppose to drive more so the car readjust to the clean IAC? anyone experience that? i have to cancel anything that will not make it work so good, what is that, i guess i ...
i replaced the tires and it still vibrates at freeway speeds and the steering wheel shakes really bad.i checked for loose componets and everything looks ok could it be the steering gear or maybe the struts.also the oil drain plug doesnt torqued down is there a repaire for this?
Removeing altenator under the car can be more expensive?