1992 Saab 900 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Saab 900
- both door windows stopped working on my 92 900 Turbo Conv. Fuse is ok.
- Car runs stops will restart and stop again same thing over & over
- car runs stops I let it set runs stops again won't start.
- Distributor leaking oil from inside cap,also I can pull it out easily from block
- my 92 Saab 900S failed low idle emissions w 239 of 220 ppm but passed high idle
1992 Saab 900 Problems
Oil commonly leaks from the distributor o-ring requiring replacement of the o-ring. Oil will be visible on the front of the engine near the distributor.
The head gasket can fail causing the coolant and oil to mix in the engine, and external leaks. Symptoms can include overheating, white smoke from the tailpipe at start-up or acceleration, and the visible presence of oil in the coolant expansion tank.
1992 Saab 900 Questions
Continues to stop & restart but keeps stopping.
Whats wrongf with question
my 92 Saab 900S failed low idle emissions w 239 of 220 ppm but passed high idle w 94 of 220 ppm. what would cause this problem and where would i start in terms of correcting this problem (repairs)
1992 Saab 900 Reviews
I have a 1992 Saab 900 Turbo with about 117,000. It has been a great car with only a few minor problems so far: front hood rust, passenger's front wheel well rusted out, water pump, cruise control, antenna motor, driver's head light wiper, rear brake calipers and automatic locks work inconsistently. Nothing too major yet... I love this car and it has overall held up very well. Especially co...