2006 Saab 9-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Saab 9-5
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2006 Saab 9-5 Problems
The direct ignition cassette can fail causing the engine to die while driving, and/or it will crank but not start. The engine may also have a rough idle and run roughly. Diagnosis may discover trouble codes for random misfires.
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
If the HID head lights are flickering or have failed, it may be caused by the window washer fluid leaking onto the HID modules. The washer fluid check valve for the head light washers develops the leak and drips onto the modules mounted under the head light assemblies.
2006 Saab 9-5 Questions
I suspect either the direct ignition cassette or the crank sensor
It doesn't happen at slow speeds just in 4th and 5th gear and when I take my foot off the accelerator it still continues and even goes faster.