2006 Saab 9-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Saab 9-5
- Electrical failure/short. Various systems fail and do not function.
- Replacement NAPA cap from NAPA won't seal. One from Junk Yard also won't seal.
- What should it cost to replace riostat on front dash fan?
- The enginge stops running while driving, it will not start until it cools down
- The car is in motion and the engine suddenly goes faster.
2006 Saab 9-5 Problems
The direct ignition cassette can fail causing the engine to die while driving, and/or it will crank but not start. The engine may also have a rough idle and run roughly. Diagnosis may discover trouble codes for random misfires.
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
If the HID head lights are flickering or have failed, it may be caused by the window washer fluid leaking onto the HID modules. The washer fluid check valve for the head light washers develops the leak and drips onto the modules mounted under the head light assemblies.
2006 Saab 9-5 Questions
Sudden failure while driving - windows, turn signals, mirrors, do not work and drain battery overnight. Replaced an old battery and everything worked for one day then had the same failure again. How to trouble shoot an electrical short? could this be a mouse/squirrel wire chewing problem?
I suspect either the direct ignition cassette or the crank sensor