2004 Saab 9-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Saab 9-5
- Is 4 labor hours fair to replace trans shifter cable?
- What will part & installation of flex pipe cost in chicago area?
- What is source of gasoline smell outside car, only with engine off 2-3 hrs.?
- Where is the AC expansion valve is located at on 2004 SAAB 93?
- My 2004 9-5 ARC idles rough (car shakes) when in gear.
2004 Saab 9-5 Problems
The direct ignition cassette can fail causing the engine to die while driving, and/or it will crank but not start. The engine may also have a rough idle and run roughly. Diagnosis may discover trouble codes for random misfires.
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
If the HID head lights are flickering or have failed, it may be caused by the window washer fluid leaking onto the HID modules. The washer fluid check valve for the head light washers develops the leak and drips onto the modules mounted under the head light assemblies.
2004 Saab 9-5 Questions
I purchased the part. But the shop charged me 4 hours labor @ $60/hr
The sound seems to be getting louder. I can't stand it.
Also wondering how easy it is replace and if there is any good online information on how to do it. Shop wants $500, which is crazy in my book.