2000 Saab 9-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Saab 9-5
- what to check ...car started,droveit,then at randowm engine dies
- Drove my saab95Aero through some unexpected flood water.Charging warning light
- i rei ently replaced my ignition coils and starter. I had the front end jacked
- the transmission light started flashing then the engine quit and it will not cra
- How can you check for a head gasket without a radiator repair
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2000 Saab 9-5 Problems
The direct ignition cassette can fail causing the engine to die while driving, and/or it will crank but not start. The engine may also have a rough idle and run roughly. Diagnosis may discover trouble codes for random misfires.
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
The idler pulley for the serpentine belt can fail causing noise from the belt area. Our technicians report the pulley has been known to fail completely which can cause the belt to break or be thrown off.
2000 Saab 9-5 Questions
engine died while driving happened 3 times in the last 3 days.....auto zone couldn't find any code
Up. After completing I turned the car over it idles as it should. However it has barely any acceleration power (it crawls) and I now smell gas. Please help
my car will not crank
2000 Saab 9-5 Recalls
2000 Saab 9-5 Reviews
All in all a great car! The car seems to "consume" light bulbs, however. Replacing a few of the same ones every 18-24 months. There were a few "engine recall" or modifications for ignition (DIC) and the oil sump (rerouting some oil lines) that need to be accomplished for oil sludge issues.
Sweet ride but LOTS of electrical problems--ignition coiled burned up and dashboard went bad. It also takes a long time to heat up (but the heated seats are "cool.")