1999 Saab 9-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Saab 9-5
- Car starts normal. But after the vehicle gets up to operating temperature it begins to miss and buck when I accelerate, especially when going up hill - runs normal when the vehicle levels out and cruises. Not showing any codes.
- my 99 95 2.3 runs gr8 no engine lite but smell oil w/nothin on grnd plse advise
- what way does the serpentine belt go onto pullys after it slips off ?
- check engine light came on. car quit 2x while driving. 2nd time wouldn't start.
- Why is engine suddenly vibrating, causing car to shake?
1999 Saab 9-5 Problems
The direct ignition cassette can fail causing the engine to die while driving, and/or it will crank but not start. The engine may also have a rough idle and run roughly. Diagnosis may discover trouble codes for random misfires.
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
The idler pulley for the serpentine belt can fail causing noise from the belt area. Our technicians report the pulley has been known to fail completely which can cause the belt to break or be thrown off.
1999 Saab 9-5 Questions
Just replaced crankshaft position sensor.
The belt for the power steering & water pump has slipped off dur to oil on the belt from an ongoing leak,
its in the front of the engine block, it just looks lose. but i need to know what can expect when i take it it in and it it some thing that can be tightened or a more serious problem
1999 Saab 9-5 Recalls
1999 Saab 9-5 Reviews
Bought 1999 Saab 9-5SE used in 2000. Car was great for the first 3 years or so and then really started having various engine and electrical problems. Only had a little over 60,000 miles on it when I finally said enough is enough as the car had quit starting on a regular basis and I just spent $2,000 on repairs about 6 months earlier. Fun to drive but hard on the pocketbook.
Love the car but man its so expensive to maintain especially now that saab do not make cars. parts are harder and harder to find which mean they are expensive. Engine is solid but leaks so much oil around the gaskets like valve cover, timing cover, oil seals, turbo gaskets. Primarily due to bad crankcase breathing system which was updated but did very little help. Still leaks. Transmission is g...