2008 Saab 9-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Saab 9-3
- Check engine light is on but it riding normal - what it could happen?
- My 2008 Saab9-3 aero has the check engine light on and is riding roughly.
- The front windows will not stay up when I close them. They come back down
- squealing noise when clutch shifting
- need local shop that honors warranty i have from dealer i purchased used from ct
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2008 Saab 9-3 Problems
When trying to close the window, the window glass will drop a few inches after reaching the closed position.This can happen on any window that has the automatic closing feature.
The system that prevents you from being injured by the automatically closing windows is called the "pinch protection system" and this system needs to be reset, reprogrammed or is defective.
In your owners manual you will find instructions on how to reset this feature. If that doesn't work, you'll need a Saab repair shop or Dealership to check for a software update for the pinch protection system, or see if there is a defective part. Have the shop reference the Saab Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #831-2639)to help address this issue.
A knocking noise while turning and/or a banging noise when driving on rough roads may develop in the front suspension. This type of noise is commonly caused by a front strut thrust bearing damaged due to water intrusion. Our technicians tell us revised thrust bearings are available to correct this concern.
The fuel pump check valve may have failed if the engine requires more cranking before it starts. The check valve is a one way valve that maintains the pressure in the fuel lines so the engine is easier to start after it has sat a while.
2008 Saab 9-3 Questions
Saab 93 vector model 2008 - 1,9 diesel
The other day the light was on but it rode ok. The mechanic thought it was just a loose gas cap and reset the sensor.
They come back down about a third of the way