2007 Saab 9-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Saab 9-3
- Power Windows Will Open After Reaching Top Position
- Knocking Noise While Turning and/or a Banging Noise When Driving on Rough Roads
- Engine Coolant Loss and no Leak Noted
- The Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) and/or Traction Control Light May Illuminate
- Inability to Maintain or Control AC or Heating Temperature
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2007 Saab 9-3 Problems
When trying to close the window, the window glass will drop a few inches after reaching the closed position.This can happen on any window that has the automatic closing feature.
The system that prevents you from being injured by the automatically closing windows is called the "pinch protection system" and this system needs to be reset, reprogrammed or is defective.
In your owners manual you will find instructions on how to reset this feature. If that doesn't work, you'll need a Saab repair shop or Dealership to check for a software update for the pinch protection system, or see if there is a defective part. Have the shop reference the Saab Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #831-2639)to help address this issue.
A knocking noise while turning and/or a banging noise when driving on rough roads may develop in the front suspension. This type of noise is commonly caused by a front strut thrust bearing damaged due to water intrusion. Our technicians tell us revised thrust bearings are available to correct this concern.
2.0L engines may become low on engine coolant with no cause found for the coolant loss. Our technicians tell us than in some cases the engine block may require replacement due to porosity.
2007 Saab 9-3 Questions
Mechanic quoted me $1365 to replace both front struts. Is this a good price? Is it safe to continue to drive for a few months? Is it even worth fixing as I paid $5850 for the car.