2006 Saab 9-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Saab 9-3
- What is the clicking sound I hear near the rear view mirror when the top is up?
- How do I turn my odometer off after I exit the car?
- engine warning light came on,the temperature gauge was rising car losing power
- problem with sid radio and sound nothing works on steering wheel either
- Is this a fuel pump issue or an electrical problem? (shuts off while driving)
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Saab 9-3 Problems
When trying to close the window, the window glass will drop a few inches after reaching the closed position.This can happen on any window that has the automatic closing feature.
The system that prevents you from being injured by the automatically closing windows is called the "pinch protection system" and this system needs to be reset, reprogrammed or is defective.
In your owners manual you will find instructions on how to reset this feature. If that doesn't work, you'll need a Saab repair shop or Dealership to check for a software update for the pinch protection system, or see if there is a defective part. Have the shop reference the Saab Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #831-2639)to help address this issue.
A knocking noise while turning and/or a banging noise when driving on rough roads may develop in the front suspension. This type of noise is commonly caused by a front strut thrust bearing damaged due to water intrusion. Our technicians tell us revised thrust bearings are available to correct this concern.
2.0L engines may become low on engine coolant with no cause found for the coolant loss. Our technicians tell us than in some cases the engine block may require replacement due to porosity.
2006 Saab 9-3 Questions
earlier while driving a warning sign came up on sid saying rain sensors , i pressed the sid button then it froze on screen , radio and sound for indicators went off i only bought this car ,,,,,,,,, is this a big problem for me
i set the alarm and it may be two steps or in the middle of the night when the alarm goes off. Message on console "theft protection failure, contact service". Even fif i clear the message, and DON'T lock the car, when i restart the car, that message will display
It seems that sometimes after refueling ithe check engine light come on. I have tried tightening the gas cap. sometimes the light will go off sometimes not. Other than that the car runs fine I even drove it to a new home a five hour drive, and the car seems to be fine, just this light won't ...