2003 Saab 9-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Saab 9-3
- Ican I spray the motor down with water to clean dust and dirt
- How do I get a another electronic key? For a 2003 Saab 9-3
- Bought an 03 Saab 9-3 linear turbo and it starts but won't drive.
- Rear window now has gone down inside door. How can I at least get it up
- I can manual Trans be fitted onto a automatic motor
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2003 Saab 9-3 Problems
When trying to close the window, the window glass will drop a few inches after reaching the closed position.This can happen on any window that has the automatic closing feature.
The system that prevents you from being injured by the automatically closing windows is called the "pinch protection system" and this system needs to be reset, reprogrammed or is defective.
In your owners manual you will find instructions on how to reset this feature. If that doesn't work, you'll need a Saab repair shop or Dealership to check for a software update for the pinch protection system, or see if there is a defective part. Have the shop reference the Saab Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #831-2639)to help address this issue.
A knocking noise while turning and/or a banging noise when driving on rough roads may develop in the front suspension. This type of noise is commonly caused by a front strut thrust bearing damaged due to water intrusion. Our technicians tell us revised thrust bearings are available to correct this concern.
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
2003 Saab 9-3 Questions
The owner said it'll start but well not drive n thinks it maybe the tourqe converter, but I think it may be the fuel pump. It was only 700 because he couldn't figure it out with only 127,000 mile
I need to close window
What would I need to have to make that possible
2003 Saab 9-3 Recalls
The engine check valve for the brake booster may fail from exposure to elevated temperatures. This could result in sudden loss of power brake assist. The increased braking effort could result in a crash. Dealers will install a redesigned check valve to correct this concern. The General Motors Recall number is 05057.
One or more of the seat belt retractors may have been damaged during the manufacturing process. If damaged, the automatic tensioning system (ATS) cable in the retractor could break, causing the seat belt not to retract properly. In the event of a crash, front seat occupants may not be restrained properly, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the affected set belt retractor assemblies to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 15017.