2003 Saab 9-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Saab 9-3
- How do I fix the driver seat to make it go back up.
- Getting a stability control failure message after rebuild on steering column
- what do you say to having steering column re-built rather then replaced is it ok
- 2003 Saab 9-3 2.0 turbo linear has overheated in the red for 3 seconds
- Repair blown head gasket
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.02mi
2003 Saab 9-3 Problems
When trying to close the window, the window glass will drop a few inches after reaching the closed position.This can happen on any window that has the automatic closing feature.
The system that prevents you from being injured by the automatically closing windows is called the "pinch protection system" and this system needs to be reset, reprogrammed or is defective.
In your owners manual you will find instructions on how to reset this feature. If that doesn't work, you'll need a Saab repair shop or Dealership to check for a software update for the pinch protection system, or see if there is a defective part. Have the shop reference the Saab Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #831-2639)to help address this issue.
A knocking noise while turning and/or a banging noise when driving on rough roads may develop in the front suspension. This type of noise is commonly caused by a front strut thrust bearing damaged due to water intrusion. Our technicians tell us revised thrust bearings are available to correct this concern.
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
2003 Saab 9-3 Questions
possibility of cause and how to fix
front end noise when going over bumps first said tie-rod then said noise was coming from or due to something in steering column. set it to be rebuilt
Top hose to radiator overflow reservoir broke off and over heated in the red for maybe 3 seconds.. Now car will drive a few minutes then heat up under acceleration? But will cool down at idle! Replaced hose and reservoir and same problem? Thinking head gasket problem? Hope not! Is there anyone ...
2003 Saab 9-3 Recalls
The engine check valve for the brake booster may fail from exposure to elevated temperatures. This could result in sudden loss of power brake assist. The increased braking effort could result in a crash. Dealers will install a redesigned check valve to correct this concern. The General Motors Recall number is 05057.
One or more of the seat belt retractors may have been damaged during the manufacturing process. If damaged, the automatic tensioning system (ATS) cable in the retractor could break, causing the seat belt not to retract properly. In the event of a crash, front seat occupants may not be restrained properly, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the affected set belt retractor assemblies to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 15017.