2001 Saab 9-3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Saab 9-3
- how mouch to fix leaking Convertible Top hydraulic cylinder seals?
- How expensive are the motors for the driver and passenger window?
- Are the drvr and psgnr windows able to work if the convertible top wont go down?
- Clicking/clunking sound during halfway roll up on my driver side rear window?
- Why does my two side windows and convertible top not operate.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2001 Saab 9-3 Problems
The exhaust flex pipe can fail causing excessive exhaust noise from the front/center area of the vehicle. The flex pipe is a flexible joint in the exhaust that allows for engine movement.
The idler pulley for the serpentine belt can fail causing noise from the belt area. Our technicians report the pulley has been known to fail completely which can cause the belt to break or be thrown off.
2001 Saab 9-3 Questions
Convertible top won't go down, and neither will windows and it's like a hot box oven on wheels, so we are trying to get the driver and passenger window to at least go down, and the fuses seem to be ok! Is there a switch to check? The repairman thinks it may need a motor. How much are t...
The top leaks and not sure why and it won't go up or down. It is locked in up/on positon.However, the driver and passenger windows are also stuck rolled up, and we would like to be able to roll them down, but were not sure if it was on a separate fuse or motor/motem than the convertible top...
When I roll up my driver side rear window I hear a clicking/clunking sound about halfway up and then it returns to closing normally.I have been told I may need a window regulator replacement but could it be a a simpler less expensive repair.