2011 Ram 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Ram 1500
- Transmission downshifts early after oil heats up
- I get a bump in the rear end of my truck when I come to a stop like getting hit
- My 02 Ram 1500,4x4, 4.7 sometimes smokes on start up. also shift issues.
- After my truck was taken in for recalls, the service 4wd light came on.
- 2011 Ram 1500, 4.7L Flex fuel. Engine cranks fine but wont start sometimes
2011 Ram 1500 Questions
Nothing was sitting on either set of keys and truck was locked.
2011 Ram 1500 Recalls
The nut securing the rear axle pinion my loosen because an adhesive patch was not installed during vehicle assembly. If the nut loosens, the axle can lock up with little warning, resulting in a loss of vehicle control and/or a crash. Dealers will install a pinion nut retainer to correct this concern. This is an expansion of a previous recall, NHTSA number 12V474000, Chrysler number M34. The Chrysler recall number for this recall is N08.
Chrysler is recalling certain 2011 Ram 1500 trucks because a rear axle bearing may fail, causing the axle to seize. Failure of the axle may cause the vehicle to stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will perform the necessary repairs free of charge.
Chrysler is recalling certain 2010-2011 Dodge Ram trucks equipped with a diesel engine and hydroboost brake system because the brake pedal may be slow to return after brake application. A slow returning brake pedal will cause the brake lights to be slow to extinguish, which can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the power steering reservoir cap in order to lessen the vent pressure in the reservoir.