2008 Porsche Cayman S Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Porsche Cayman S
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail Completely
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Oil Seperator Leak
- Rear Main Seal/Intermediate Support Cover O-ring may Leak Oil
- Check Engine Light With Code P0171 and/or P0174
- Engine Misfire Due to Failed Mass Air Flow Sensor or EVAP Purge Valve
2008 Porsche Cayman S Problems
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
Engine oil leaks can occur at the rear main seal and/or intermediate support cover o-ring; a revised seal is available. A careful diagnosis with proper tools is necessary to verify dimensional accuracy of the crankshaft to engine block.