2009 Porsche Boxster Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Porsche Boxster
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Rear main seal/intermediate support cover O-ring may leak oil
2009 Porsche Boxster Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
2009 Porsche Boxster Questions
I have a Porsche Boxter 2009 PDK AUTO Transmission with 1000 miles. I had a message :Emergency Transmission Run" and the car was shifting gears like hessitating. When I got home, I turned off the engine. 15 minutes later I ride the car just a little bit with no problems. I schedule an appoin...