2008 Porsche Boxster Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Porsche Boxster
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Rear main seal/intermediate support cover O-ring may leak oil
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Fairfax Auto Repair (703) 596-4643 | 18.09mi
2008 Porsche Boxster Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
2008 Porsche Boxster Questions
Radio and heater fans worked, the blickers worked even though I could not see the indicators on the dashboard.WhenI got home, and restarted the car, the battery was very low like it had been drained by the lights. Where do I start to look?