2004 Porsche Boxster Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Porsche Boxster
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Rear main seal/intermediate support cover O-ring may leak oil
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
2004 Porsche Boxster Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
2004 Porsche Boxster Questions
How do I remove the spark plugs
my power seats slide forward and backwards or up and down while i'm driving i'm not and my memory on my seats will not set
is this a common thing for Porsche, having leaky washer fluid reservoirs? It really chaps me.
2004 Porsche Boxster Reviews
it is important to note that i owned 3 Toyota MR2s, the last one being my decade long partnership with a lovely 1995 turbo, which now lives in Austin. The MR2 being nearly flawless (and vastly cheaper) here goes: The Porsche is a gorgeous car with a beautiful & powerful engine. I love flipping a lever,pushing a button and having the top go down. Leather trimmed out map holder behind the seats i...
I've had the 2004 Boxster S for over a year, love it, can't say enough good things about it. I've had no problems what so ever with it.