2001 Porsche Boxster Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Porsche Boxster
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Rear main seal/intermediate support cover O-ring may leak oil
2001 Porsche Boxster Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
2001 Porsche Boxster Questions
I had oil changed 3 days prior to 125 mi road trip. During road trip white smoke started coming from tail pipe. A few mi later the check engine light came on and I immediately pulled over. The car was towed back to Firestone who checked prob out and refuse to take care of issue, although there wa...
Tried a funnel and 16 in.hose,same results.
It has 77K with manual trans.Seams to run ok but can't drive it,the is blinding.