1998 Porsche Boxster Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Porsche Boxster
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Rear main seal/intermediate support cover O-ring may leak oil
- What could be causing difficulty when attempting to shift Boxster into park
- boxter with the key I can't lock or unlock the car
- Hi I have a Boxter 1.When When you move after 15 minutes, it will turn itself of
- The Porsche mechanic advised that the air flow meter (AFM) needs replacing.
- Convertable doesn't work; no noise, no nothing
1998 Porsche Boxster Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
1998 Porsche Boxster Questions
When I unhook the latch the windows go down as normal, but once I press the button for the top to fold back nothing happens; no noise, grind, or anything
I have a 1998 Porsche Boxter and the check engine light keeps coming on after numerous repairs. The problem that seems to never go away is the rough start. This only happen periodically though! We've replace the fuel pump and several related fuel parts, but the mechanic shop can't find th...
My 1998 Boxster slips in forward and revrse gears to the extent that the car will not move. Is there any repairs that can be done ?
1998 Porsche Boxster Recalls
1998 Porsche Boxster Reviews
Once you drive it, you don't want to change it. Take this advice from someone who have changed around 30 cars so far. You will love Porsche for ever. I have a Boxster 10/1998 and I feel very happy about it. It never let me down so far.
I love my boxster and have made into a project, to get my 98' in perfect running order. First I bought it with 89k. Now 9 months later it has 99k. First I had a 90k inspection done. A small linkage on the front was replaced and a tube leak around the spark plugs. I had had several noises come from the starter, so I had it replaced. Next i made a mechanical insurance policy by having the IMS ...