1997 Porsche Boxster Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Porsche Boxster
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Rear main seal/intermediate support cover O-ring may leak oil
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
1997 Porsche Boxster Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
1997 Porsche Boxster Questions
I have an electrical short and my horn goes off when I step on the brake or open the door.
How do i rebuild a transmission for a 97 porsche boxster? Transmission is ZF5HP19. It is an automatic.
The remote key lock, windows and trunk lids have stopped working. Any ideas????
1997 Porsche Boxster Recalls
1997 Porsche Boxster Reviews
IVE OWNED MY 97 BOXSTER FOR A LONG TIME I HAVE 80K AND IT RUNS GREAT. I HATE TO HEAR ALL THIS DISSATISFACTION WITH OTHER PORSCH OWNERS IF YOUR CAR FAILS YOU BRING IT TO A CERTIFIED DEALER, I HATE TO SEE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD TO FIX THEM, DRIVE THEM, OF COURSE IF YOU DRIVE A PORSCHE WITH PROBLEMS THEY WONT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN. SO SAVE YOUR MONEY, TAKE IT TO A PORSCHE DEALER AND FIX YOUR PORSCHE...