1990 Porsche 944 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Porsche 944
- My 1986 PORSCHE has R12 can I add 134a into the system or do I need to vacuate?
- ventilation system always blows warm air.
- How do I replace the heater control valve on a 1987 Porsche 944 turbo?
- Stuck oil pump drive gear
- here is the deal, i have a nice porsche 944 but it has a small electrical problem...
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
1990 Porsche 944 Problems
The driveshaft bearings on higher mileage vehicles may become noisy.
Due to a broken plastic link at the servo motor for the heater control flap, the interior temperature can become wildly erratic.
Due to a failed resistor pack, the HVAC fan may only operate on the high speed setting.
1990 Porsche 944 Questions
I have guages and am mechanical inclined, do I need to evacuate the system or can I add the 134a with the R12?
cant switch recirculation,
Please include detailed instructions about what other parts may have to be removed to access the heater control valve and how to keep coolant from spilling. Include video and/or photo links if possible. I know you just use a screwdriver to disconnect, but getting at it and preventing coolant leak...
1990 Porsche 944 Reviews
This car is my favorite porsche. It is a true time capsule! These cars are for sale at as low as $2,000 for a nice one! If you are looking for a reliable daily driver porsche, get a 944!
As an affordable entry into owning a Porsche this has been a great car.Parts are pretty affordable ,a little tricky to work on.but basic stuff like brakes and oil change no problem ,if your set up.I am at 145,00 miles now , after nearly 80,000 of ownership.No real failures at all.Replaced timing belt twice as needed and replaced the water pump once.Brakes are really good , replaced pads & rotor...