2006 Porsche 911 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Porsche 911
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
2006 Porsche 911 Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
Engine oil leaks can occur at the rear main seal and/or intermediate support cover o-ring; a revised seal is available. A careful diagnosis with proper tools is necessary to verify dimensional accuracy of the crankshaft to engine block.
A small leak in the coolant reservoir can cause persistent coolant loss. To ensure engine longevity, coolant loss and overheating issues need to be resolved. Out technicians tell us the proper coolant fill procedure must be followed when refiling the cooling system.
2006 Porsche 911 Questions
hard starting was diagnosed as bad battery cable
My 06 Porsche 911 Cab won't start quickly when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a several second delay. It's always been maintained by the dealer with no major issues, but the warranty ran out last month. What could be wrong with it?