1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport
- Fuel pump will only turn on when hookedto the battery tested the wires and there is 10 amps going to them hook the fuel pump back up and still nothing. The pump works, the wires are getting power to them what could be the problem?
- ac works in rear but not the front
- The idle seems to fluctuate, sometimes runs good, sometimes drops and raisesrpms
- how to open rear door it locked and won't open
- I have a Pontiac transport 98 and my transmission just got p1870 at AutoZone.
1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Problems
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.
The rubber section of an automatic transmission cooler line may develop a fluid leak . In some cases the leaking section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this concern.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Questions
1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Recalls
1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Reviews
This is one of the BEST vehicles I have ever owned! just watch out for that intake manifold leak!
I bought this 1998 Trans sport van this January! It had some water damage before and had to have a motor put in it before I got it. I had it 4 months and it had to have another motor put in it! The car lot I got it from filled it with stop leak and it blowed a head. Then I had to put a radiator anh most recently I had to flush the heater core. That was a job! Way to much wireind and electronics...