1996 Pontiac Trans Sport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Pontiac Trans Sport
- the drivers window wont go up or down. the motor is fine
- Windshield wiper/washer switch assembly on the dash unreliable
- How do I add transmission. Fluid. To my 1996 transfer sport van
- Where do I add transmission. Fluid. In my van DDiDDflDfluDflDfluid Where do I ad
- The plastic radiator tank is cracked on my TransSport, can I nurse it along?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Pontiac Trans Sport Problems
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.
The rubber section of an automatic transmission cooler line may develop a fluid leak . In some cases the leaking section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this concern.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1996 Pontiac Trans Sport Questions
Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. The wipers always work on high but only sometimes on low or mist. Washer pump sometimes goes along with the blades and often doesn't. Garage says needs new switch assembly but no longer stocked. Any wrecker source?
1996 trans sport van
1996 Pontiac Trans Sport Recalls
1996 Pontiac Trans Sport Reviews
I just bought this van about a month ago and for a sixteen year old van it is in excellent condition. Previous owner took real good care of it. I am really impressed. The only problem I am having is when the car is running there is a sound like the purring of an electrical motor coming from behind the drivers seat. The mechanic thinks it may be the pump inside the gas tank, but Ive never hea...