2006 Pontiac Torrent Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Pontiac Torrent
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Pontiac Torrent Problemslower control arm portion of the front suspension may cause a rattling noise over bumps and require replacement.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The day time running lights (DRL) resistor may fail causing the daytime running lights to stop working. Our technicians tell us a failed resistor will require replacement.
2006 Pontiac Torrent Questions
Temp gauge rises above normal when at normal idle,goes back to normal when driving above 2000rpm,heat returns at driving speed,no heat when at idle.?
I replaced brake pads 2 months ago. ABS/Traction control light still come on and grinding noise. After those lights come on, it doesn't grind but it still squeaks.
Panel illumination light have all stopped working on fan ,temp,air flow...dealer says panel has to be replaced at over 900 dollars. Says there are no bulbs to be replaced...just a new panel...or should I just buy a flashlight?
2006 Pontiac Torrent Reviews
Headlights could be brighter, engine is a tad underpowered, air conditioner freezes over, rear suspension hops when going over rough bumps. Nice car to drive. Expect fuel mileage from 16-18 city, and 22-25 hwy, depending on conditions.
Some road noise. Off and on stutter with electrical on the driver side window. A common problem I've found with Pontiac's. Car suspension/steering performs well over bumps and rough roads. No problems with the engine, brakes, heating/air, etc. The basic interior is sleek and easy to maintain, but does creek under rougher conditions. A good car to own.
Good fuel economy. Lots of road noise. Cheap plastics inside that creak and rattle. Premature brake wear. Engine is strong with lots of torque.