2006 Pontiac Torrent Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Pontiac Torrent
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2006 Pontiac Torrent Problemslower control arm portion of the front suspension may cause a rattling noise over bumps and require replacement.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
2006 Pontiac Torrent Questions
My drivers window all of a sudden stopped working correctly, it goes down fine but to put it up you have to hit the door and then it raises.
Temp gauge rises above normal when at normal idle,goes back to normal when driving above 2000rpm,heat returns at driving speed,no heat when at idle.?
2006 Pontiac Torrent Reviews
Headlights could be brighter, engine is a tad underpowered, air conditioner freezes over, rear suspension hops when going over rough bumps. Nice car to drive. Expect fuel mileage from 16-18 city, and 22-25 hwy, depending on conditions.
Some road noise. Off and on stutter with electrical on the driver side window. A common problem I've found with Pontiac's. Car suspension/steering performs well over bumps and rough roads. No problems with the engine, brakes, heating/air, etc. The basic interior is sleek and easy to maintain, but does creek under rougher conditions. A good car to own.
Good fuel economy. Lots of road noise. Cheap plastics inside that creak and rattle. Premature brake wear. Engine is strong with lots of torque.