2005 Pontiac Sunfire Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
- wife's car 2005 pontiac sunfire the temp. reads 195 as soon as key is turned
- Where is the camshaft positioning sensor located
- I just rebuilt a 2.2L Ecotec engine. When I rotate the crankshaft to check timing, the timing chain jumps quite a bit at the top between the camshaft sprockets when the lifter lobes release. Is this normal? Any measurements for slack?
- My check engine light is flashing on and off and car rumbles.
- Why are my Gauges going crazy
2005 Pontiac Sunfire Problems
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
2005 Pontiac Sunfire Questions
The car will not turn over unless forced but now it is not turning over anymore and I ran a scanner through it four times and it said that it is the camshaft sensor but I can not find it
Every day all day
How hard is it to replace?
2005 Pontiac Sunfire Reviews
My 04 sunfire has been a very dependable car. It has cool air-conditioning, automatic. I bought it new and have done the routine maintenance on it as I should of. I always need to adjust the rear brakes manually. Great car.
50000, not a single problem
I bought my 2005 Pontiac Sunfire new and have had to do very little to it besides the norm - change oil, wiper blades, new tires. Other than than I've changed 1 side marker bulb, replaced the battery and just recently replaced the thermostat. I've had this car for almost 6 years and it has been wonderful for me. It is starting to show some wear and tear in the interior - the number on my pre-s...