1998 Pontiac Sunfire Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Pontiac Sunfire
- I'm trying to figure out where the body control module is located for a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire.- It's not under the glove box, it's not at the center console, and there'd be no place to stash it next to the fuse box on the drivers side. Thanks
- My 98 sunfire gt idels fine if u go down road acts like out of gas thenbackfires
- The bypass hose on the front of my 1998 sunfire has holes in the middle.How much
- Passlock issues...Replaced about everything and still no dice, bypass module :(
- Rear passenger turn signal and hazard doesn't work
1998 Pontiac Sunfire Problems
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1998 Pontiac Sunfire Questions
My son's 98 sunfire 2.2L has a passlock system (no chip in the key)
We have started having problems with it when he got it in June 2013.
Some days it would work fine, others the theft light will blink 6 times then go steady and just stay that way.
Sometimes disconnecting the negative termi...
98 Pontiac Sunfire, the rear passenger turn signal and hazard light does not work. I checked the bulb (all lights run off a single bulb), the bulb is not blown. Owners manual doesn't show a fuse for turn signals. Any idea how I can fix it???
When I started to drive it away it sounded terrible. I only went a 1/2 a block. I went back in and told them... they came out and listened and said that the timing chain had broken. Did they put it back on properly when they fixed the h2o pump?
1998 Pontiac Sunfire Recalls
1998 Pontiac Sunfire Reviews
i am the original owner of my 1998, 2.2.ltr sunfire. I HAVE 307,256 actual driven miles on it. I just rebuilt clutch and components due to leaking slave cylinder, other than routine maint. ,I haven't had to due much else. This is definitely the best car I have ever owned. I still have original A/C and water pump on it ( knock on wood )
lost power, not running right
I hace had my Sunfire 10 years. The 2.2 doesnt like climbing mountains, but I have 256,000 KM's on it and still going strong!