1997 Pontiac Sunfire Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Pontiac Sunfire
- It has 2.2lt motor will run for 15 to 20 min then die why
- what can cause my car not to start we have replaced a part that had to do with the emissions system but still what start.Can the timing chain have slipped or broken ? would this do this.Had no Problem until water hose Busted. I don't understand...
- My stick shift stopped working. Its really loose. Only first gear works.
- It had a blowed head gasket replace I did it an valvle adjustment reight
- 97 Pontiac sun fire anti theft system
1997 Pontiac Sunfire Problems
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Pontiac Sunfire Questions
I have already change trans speed sensor
1997 Pontiac Sunfire Recalls
1997 Pontiac Sunfire Reviews
i love my 2.4L 150hp sunfire. I have owned several new cars, this one was only meant to be for work, but it's unusually fun to drive (provided its the GT package). i retired my 06 trailblazer to the yard in favor of the sunfire. i bought it with 66k miles, and runs smoothly with 148k. the only downside, is its an electrical nightmare once it gets old. my headlight switch doesnt work, i have no ...
Bought this 2.4L Coupe with all the upgrades except GT. Added mag wheels and wider tires and fake dual exhaust with a ( a bit loud )spark arrester only. It had 38000 in 2000 and up to 149000 now. Replaced a water heater and the AC quit. Love to drag race from the intersection light. Not happy with the tires not good for rain in Washington ! I rat race with it sometimes, but keep it safe. I alw...
i have my 1997 pontiac sunfire with the 2.4 since august 2005 and my 1998 sunfire with a 2.2 only had the usual wear and tear problems, brakes, tires etc.. never any other problems, great on gas and runs well if you keep up with normal maintinance.