2005 Pontiac GTO Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Pontiac GTO
- Wondering why my 2005 GTO is overheating and isnt blowing heat after2thermostats
- My 2005 GTO over heated, but there was still water in radiator ?
- Where is the EVAP Purge Valve Located on an 2005 GTO with a LS2 engine?
- fuel filter service requirements
- I have a 2005 gto when I have ac on and fans turn on the car wants to stall
2005 Pontiac GTO Problems
One or both secondary air injection check valves may become restricted causing poor air flow resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light. It is often recommend to replace both check valves even if a fault code is set for only one bank of cylinders. Replacing only one valve may result in a return trip to the repair shop.
2005 Pontiac GTO Questions
I drove 3 miles from work an notice the temperature gauge rising rapidly. I pulled over to put water in the radiator, but it was still full of water and the fan was running. I had the car towed home. what should I do ?
I replaced a thermostat about 2 months ago after my 2005 gto overheated i just had to replace it again the other day , but this time it wasnt the problem. when my heat is all the way up it still blows cold air and my car overheats i need to know what the problem is. besides the water pump or heat...
i have replaced the thermostat and it worked fine for a month or so than it overheated again replaced thermostat again cooling fan came on it was fine and 2 days later its overheating again the cooling fan comes on any ideas