2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix
- engine light and reduce engine power light came on
- engine knocks and engine light comes on. Would changing the spark plugs and wires be of help?
- My 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix makes a grinding noise when making a left turn,
- I had the recall for the ignition fixed. Approx 2 weeks a fire happened.
- in my 2008 grand prix / loud rear end noise every little bump and every turn
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
This problem occurs mostly when it's colder out and more from the right turn signal than the left. I can make them return to low beam by pulling back on the signal light switch.
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.