2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix
- what is causing my steering to catch & hangup when turning right
- The steering wheel catches on occasion when turning right after backing out of a parking space. If I turn a hard left to back out when I go to turn back right it takes all my strength to turn right until it finally "uncatches" . Something is hanging up.
- why does my automatic 07 grand prix not go anywhere in drive or 3rd?
- I am going to buy wires and plugs for a tune and need a place that will install them. I also need the PVC (or PCV) valve and the fuel filter. I would like a quote.
- How do I get my rear window to go up? It went down but I can't close it now
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
It just revs. I topped up the tranny fluid. Seemed to help a bit but not totally. Nothing seems to be leaking.
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
On some vehicles, the fuel tank may be missing the adhesive that bonds the barrier layer to the outer shell. This may allow fuel and/or fuel vapors to leak out between the layers, increasing the risk of fire. Dealers will inspect the serial numbers on the fuel tank and replace it if needed. The recall began November 13, 2006. The GM recall number is 06160.
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews
Great looks, great ride, good handling, lots of compliments
This my 2nd GXP. Love the car. I put 60K on the first and bought the second one used with 36K. Only 2 bearable drawbacks - brakes and tires. Front pads go at 24-26K; tires at 26-28K. I'm going to try ceramic pads @ next change. I haven't decided yet on a replacement for the Bridgestones. I've not had a problem with anything else which is why I bought the second one - GREAT CAR! Bummer they shu...