2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix
- I am going to buy wires and plugs for a tune and need a place that will install them. I also need the PVC (or PCV) valve and the fuel filter. I would like a quote.
- How do I get my rear window to go up? It went down but I can't close it now
- 2007 3800 grand prix + how do i change the timing chain cover gasket?
- Transmission only has reveres will not shift to forward gears
- Information Center says cool engine heat but when I put the car in drive and press the accelerator it won't go if I turn it off wait a minute and turn it back on it will go on but the problem will start all over again
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
We have replaced the ignition module(once) and the crankshaft sensor (twice). We are still having the same issues, stalling/ not restarting and no dummy lights to show what's wrong. We took it to GM to have it fixed but they tell me nothing is wrong with the car!!!!! I know there is something...
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
On some vehicles, the fuel tank may be missing the adhesive that bonds the barrier layer to the outer shell. This may allow fuel and/or fuel vapors to leak out between the layers, increasing the risk of fire. Dealers will inspect the serial numbers on the fuel tank and replace it if needed. The recall began November 13, 2006. The GM recall number is 06160.
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews
Great looks, great ride, good handling, lots of compliments
This my 2nd GXP. Love the car. I put 60K on the first and bought the second one used with 36K. Only 2 bearable drawbacks - brakes and tires. Front pads go at 24-26K; tires at 26-28K. I'm going to try ceramic pads @ next change. I haven't decided yet on a replacement for the Bridgestones. I've not had a problem with anything else which is why I bought the second one - GREAT CAR! Bummer they shu...