2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
I have replaced a bad hub bearing and cleared the codes that indicated it was bad. The ABS still engages while driving and when I brake in non hazardous conditions. Tried hooking it up to a scanner but the car shuts the scanner off, any suggestions on how to repair?
We just started buying it and today I look it up and it has all these recalls did we just get a lemon?the place were we are getting it we got a 30,000 mile warranty on it what to do?
The ignition switch would not return to it's normal position. I could not remove the key and the engine would keep running.
My mechanic did something which allowed it to stay in the accessory position.
The car continues to operate and I can insert and remove the key and drive normally.