2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
- Engine starts then stalls right away, any ideas?
- my transmission started having trouble switching from 1st to 2nd gear..then it jus stopped going into 2nd gear period..could this be my ECM? or shift solenoid?
- whats the cause of no movement while in gear no noises or rattels cars stops
- Had a deer hit the drivers door and now it won't open. Any suggestions
- what causes exhaust fumes smell when you're driving a 2002 pontiac grand prix
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
After it stalled it would restart and run fine, now it will start and stall several times before it stays running. I have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and when its running the pressure at 45 psi.
was driving fifty five and its like someone shut the transmission off car still runs great
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews
I do not recomend this vehicle I love my 02 grand prix, I guess exterior mostly. I bought it used and had many problems. no kick in gas bumby ride always